Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday 21 November 2007

Woeful Tails, err I mean, Tales

After four days of rain, we finally had some decent weather today (well up until about 7 pm that is). The sun was out as early as 8 am as I was getting dressed for work.

What joy it was to not have to carry handbag in one hand, brolly in the other while manoeuvring my way avoiding puddles and traffic, splish-splashing in the rain worrying about stains at the hem of my beige trouser. I hope this weather will continue through to the weekend *fingers crossed*.

Despite the improvement on the weather front, I cannot say the same for my work.

This is always a painful time of the year for me, the dreaded quarterly self-assessment exercise. It is particularly more laborious than previous quarters as we are preparing for a peer review scheduled in February 2008 and everything has to be done perfectly, any gaps or shortfalls to be identified, highlighted to management and corrective actions taken immediately. Stressful indeedy.

As it is, self-assessments are taxing. Being audited on the self-assessment amplifies the stress threefold. Why oh why did I choose banking as a career path?

If I had my way, I’d probably be working with animals right now. They’re nicer, less demanding, highly entertaining, soft and cuddly and are forever appreciative of the time spent with/for/on them.

Unlike animals, there’s just no pleasing these slave-drivers I work for.

Meh. Job sux. Pay sux. Doan wanna get outtaƂ bed.

My exact sentiments.

No comments: