Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday 20 November 2007

I Hereby Solemnly Declare...

I have been neglecting Eat Live and Breathe Canary Wharf. I don’t know why but the drive to blog has waned. Maybe it’s sheer laziness. Maybe the novelty has faded away. Maybe the weather has been miserable. Maybe work has been horrendous. Maybe Facebook is to be blamed. Too many possibilities; maybe this or maybe that or maybe a bit of everything really. I cannot say.

When I first started blogging I was missing home badly. I was unhappy with the grief I got from work. I was depressed as I had no close friends to chat and gossip with. I certainly had too much free time on my hands. Whilst browsing other blogs, I had read many claims that blogging is therapeutic, it helped calmed nerves, it was a place to rant and rave about anything and everything. That was when I seriously considered starting my own blog. I had hoped it would keep the solitude at bay and occupy my quiet lonely nights. Although a cat (or two) would have been a great remedy but we could not have any as the landlord would not allow such.

And that’s exactly what it did. Blogging kept the loneliness away. I was happy with the way it was progressing; my little jottings of the on-goings in my life, published anonymously in a nice template which I could customise to make it reflect the person that I am – colours, fonts, photos, links etc. Oftimes I’d write about cats, sometimes I’d write about my travels, other times about life at the wharf, most times about my horrible colleagues, at times it was about how manic-depressive I was and others about how everything was going great for me.

But I have come to a realisation that maintaining a blog has been and will continue to be, no doubt, very helpful for someone like me. Reason being is I am a total scatterbrain and I forget things almost too easily. My memory has been deteriorating and I cannot even blame pregnancy for this. I find it very difficult to retain information in this thick head of mine and upkeeping this blog is indeed very handy for someone like me.

This morning, noticing that I had started slacking big time on my posts, I told myself that I have to pull my socks up. I need to diligently jot down my thoughts and happenings in my life; be it bad or good, happy or sad, in order to have something to look back and go, ‘Oh yeah, I did do that then’ or ‘Yes, he was rather nasty’ or ‘Wow, that was so much fun, wasn’t it’. Hopefully then the details in the posts will help jog whatever’s left of my memory and remind me of the little uneventful but perhaps meaningful (to me at least) things that went on in my life five, ten, twenty years ago.

I am determined to be good and promise to conscientiously blog from this day forth, as this will only benefit me, and no other person, in the future.

No comments: