Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday 15 September 2007

SuperPoke Me

It looks like the Facebook craze has taken over the entire world. Everyone I know is now on Facebook biting, tickling, throwing sheep, sending a round of drinks, updating moods, adopting a fluffpet, growing a gift, leaving messages on walls and sticky notes for their buddies.

It’s all so addictive and fun for someone like me who never experienced the YM [or was it IM? God it escapes me] phase everyone when through ages ago. Yes, I was sadly not very internet-savvy then. Thanks Becks for the invite to register on Facebook!

Good thing that came out of this is I get reunited with friends from school I have not heard since I was 17. Amazing. And it’s fun to get daily updates on your friends when you’re far away from them; you know what they get up to – thanks to notes on walls, updates on their daily on goings application, etc. At least that saves me moolahs on phone calls.

I must admit the novelty has faded away a little as opposed to a month ago when I first got on it. Now I am less excited about the applications as I used to be. Then, I would add on everything I was sent and clutter my profile page. I am now Facebook-wise(r) and only accept what I really want and have since deleted everything else.

It is addictive in the sense I come home from work everyday and the first thing I do is log into Facebook [the stinking office restricts access to Facebook/Gmail websites, but can you imagine if they didn’t], hoping to find a new friend request or notification of some sort. It is really lovely when your friend whom you’ve not seen in a while finds you on Facebook and sends a request to confirm you are friends indeed.

While I have been going through this Facebook mania, IK on the other hand has been hooked on eBay [tried to get him on Facebook but he won’t budge]. Checking on watched items ending soon - that’s pretty much the first thing he does in the morning and as soon as he gets home. Oh you should see how he bids; he does get so aggressive, it's quite scary. I think it’s his competitive streak emerging there (!). Anyways, he is well chuffed as he has gotten some Asterix books at a bargain and he also got me the Little Britain season 1 and complete season of Will and Grace DVDs. Ain't he sweet? I am now waiting eagerly for that to arrive in the post.

A peek into our current daily routine – it is quite hilarious really, we look like two geeks, dashing upstairs after work and logging onto our laptops into Facebook and eBay respectively, hardly any conversation between us in the first hour or so! We joked that we now need to communicate via emails, sending each other messages like ‘Bila nak turun masak?’ or ‘Weekend ni nak buat apa?’ whilst sitting next to each other on the bed. Haha. Talk about living in this new internet age and time huh.

The bad [or good?] thing that came out of this is we hardly watch telly anymore. I know nothing about the on goings around the world; IK still reads the newspaper in the web so he isn’t quite as tragic as I am.

I can only hope this excitement and my fascination for Facebook will end soon as I think I am accelerating the expansion of my derrière rapidly due to my lack of activity and interest in anything else apart from exercising my fingers super-poking my mates.

3 comments:

ZazaHardy said...

tell me about it! i smiled and chuckled reading through this...

i joined facebook a few days ago just to see my friend's newborn baby's photos in his facebook. i am now curious as there's poking involved, there's presents, there's fishes.. gosh.. i dont even know where to start!!

Zaza

Anonymous said...

what's your facebook? mine is saifullizan2@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

i'm back in the blog -slc