Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday 19 September 2007

Can't Seem to Think. [Of An Appropriate Title]

Life has been rather uneventful lately what with Ramadhan and the *ahem* compulsive Facebook sessions. I hardly do much else; my energy reserves dip very low in the evenings so no Pilates/salsa classes, I need to save what little I have slaving away [ok ok IK does help out too] in the kitchen cooking for iftar. As for the weekends, I avoid Oxford Street, Covent Garden, Bluewater and the likes to prohibit further spending as my frail bank balance is still recovering from the heavy investment into IK's birthday pressie and sight-see trips planned over weekends are always shelved thanks to my lazy self.

One activity that requires no effort or energy or cost any money is

Facebook-whoring [I promise this will be the last time I mention anything about Facebook in my blogposts].

I spend my days and nights discovering new friends/applications, sending flowers + booze, as well as shamelessly 'observing' what friends far and near are getting up to. Don't you think this Facebook is the internet-age version of makcik-type neighbours who make it their business to know what you've got up your sleeve, only in a more discreet fashion? Well, that's what I make it to be anyway.

On the weather-front, it has taken 180 degrees turn; it feels like winter now with the emergence of my turtlenecks/winter jackets/socks and the sound of the radiator emanating heat which I have not heard in a long while. I do pray this is temporary and temperatures will rise a little; I don't ask for much, anything above 20 degrees for the next couple of weeks please thank you very much. After all, it is only mid September, it should rightfully still be autumn with mild temperatures, no?

The upcoming schedule looks demanding though:

• A weekend trip to Portsmouth this Saturday [a BIG maybe]
• Iftar with some buddies set for next Tuesday
• Lion King musical next Thursday
• IK's birthday next Friday

I think I'll lay low for the few weeks after, and then look forward to:

• Eid, we haven't really decided but there are plans of organising a little do to have some friends over to catch up over rendang nasi impit kuah kacang
• Dadster's impending trip just a bit after Eid

So that's what I have looming on the horizon. Not too shabby at all.

2 comments:

ZazaHardy said...

salsa classes still? put on a youtube video on the salsa class!! we were watching dancing with the starts (the us one) once and i told hardy, lets take up dancing lessons. he picked me up and kononnya nak joget bend me over like those dancers, and as soon as my back gets vertical again, i shouted "adoiiii!!!! sakitt!!"

dont stop talking about facebook. i'm still curious on how it works.. people send me songs and 8balls and macam macam but i'm just so clueless!!

you've got so much to look forward too girl!

love,
z

Anonymous said...

salsa classes ni very easy peasy, nothing technical, just pure fun. i would like to blog about it tapi macam i have very limited vocab to explain it properly.

haha try tango-ing with H with a rose stalk in your mouth la! phwoarrr....

tw