Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday 12 September 2007

Sweet Tooth

I have been tagged by Aidan's Mama on my favourite grub here in
London. *Muchas gracias senorita Zaza*

Regrettably I cannot say I have any to-date, as I am more of a 'masak
lemak cili api and sambal belacan'
rather than a 'fish and chips' type of girl. Not that I have anything against the world renowned traditional English fish and chips drizzled in vinegar, with mushy peas or their traditional greasy english breakfasts, I do like them, but it doesn't quite fit the bill to satisfy my favourite food criteria.

In London, there is a diverse range of cultures, hence producing a variety of fare. I do enjoy the occasional Turkish, Indian, Lebanese, Spanish, French, Italian or Greek cuisine when I go out but I still find that our Malaysian food is more suited to my palate – chilly hot, fragrant, sweet, sour, and spicy – that is just how I like my grub. The other cuisine I do enjoy is Siamese, the likes of kerabu mangga, tom yam, pad Thai noodles, steam fish with lemon grass/kaffir lime leaves, chicken pandan to name a few. But there aren't any good ones that come close to Sri Ayutthaya and most Thai restaurants here are overpriced in my opinion.

Having thought long and hard about this tag, I do think desserts here are to die for and they are easily accessible and don't cost an arm and a leg. Credit is also due to the British for their delish puddings. As I am a big fan of custard, I find that a lot of traditional English puds are simply heavenly.

So is it okay to say that my favourite food here is 'desserts' and it comprises a variety that I get in London?

Here are my favourite indulgences in no particular order:

1, Trifle - my all time favourite would be the trifle and I normally get my fix from Marks and Sparks as they do really yummy ones.
2, Apple/Peach crumble – again I get them from Marks and Sparks, unless anyone can recommend a better one to me please.
3, Toffee crunch cheesecake from Pret A Manger, truly truly divine.
4, Chocolate éclair from Paul (although this is a French patisserie which is scattered all over Paris).
5, Strawberry tart from Paul.
6, The Godfather from Bella Italia.
7, Profiteroles from Marks and Sparks.
8, Tiramisu from Waitrose.
9, Chocolate filled custard doughnut from Krispy Kreme (again this can be found the world over).

Hope this meets the tag rules and requirements as it is my very first; hope I am not going off tangent!

Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all Moslems, Selamat Menyambut Bulan Ramadhan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MmMmMmMmMmMmMmmmmm!!! Trifle...that reminds me of my mum's trifle. The best in the world!!!

ZazaHardy said...

"this is no other food, this is M&S food" ...! just like the ads on the telly! hehe.. have you tried those strawberry scones? i'm gonna bring back those nanti!! love eclairs too, but dont know paul's. any eclairs will do for me. i love fish and chips!!! and after you mentioned masak lemak cili api, i'm gonna cook them for berbuka jap lagi!! ;) selamat berpuasa to mr and mrs wharfer!!

Anonymous said...

put up photos of masak lemak on blog ok?

hey when is the scheduled trip to uk? if you're passing by london and have time to spare, jemput la berbuka at our home, lemme know ok.