Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday 12 May 2007

Posh Nosh

For our anniversary, we had dinner at the Plateau Restaurant with a view of my office, how interesting. Not. The ‘hostile’ surrounding notwithstanding, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience - delicious food, good conversation, great ambiance, tasteful décor and excellent service. I emphasized on ‘excellent service’ simply because I have this penchant for attracting bad service (almost) everywhere I go. Being served by well-trained, polite and helpful waiters last night made the night even more memorable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

For starters I had the mixed leaf and raw vegetable salad with ginger dressing. It was yummers. I never really enjoy salads but this was an exception. IK had the duck salad roll in sesame crepe with plum sauce; it looked good but since I didn’t fancy duck, I passed on having a taste. Must say the presentation was immaculate though.

My main course was the salmon with pickled roasted peppers, broccoli puree in garlic nage sauce. The sour taste from the pickled peppers immersed well with the garlic nage (whotisthis?) sauce and the fish. My description does not do justice to this delectable dish; suffice to say it was delish. IK had the rotisserie poussin (roasted spring chicken) with Jerusalem artichoke and spinach with some garlic mash. He enjoyed the food although was disappointed with the portion. Well, what do you expect from a posh (not very, but a bit up market) establishment. You want quantity, go to TGIF I say.

Dessert was to die for! My ever so helpful (and very soft spoken) waiter recommended the chocolat fondant with coconut sorbet and I was not disappointed. It was truly heavenly although I could do with a larger serving of the coconut ice cream! (repeat: quality, not quantity). Twas a perfect ending to my meal. IK opted for the ice cream assortment and had lemon sorbet that was much too sour for his palate.

We both had a great night out and scrumptious food to commemorate our anniversary. We are already making plans for our next meal at the less formal Bar and Grill that serves the classic grills.

Regrettably I have no shots of our food as we felt it inappropriate to be snapping away for fear of being labelled socially inept and lacking decorum by other very upper-class looking patrons.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

I invite you to take part in the Contest of Image Makers. Look at my blog for details or visit www.catyourway.com, read an e-book "An Ordinary Black Cat" and then produce an image of a black cat that would be suitable for that book. Please, let me know...