Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 26 April 2007

Stinky Pooh

You know how you always hear about colleagues/work mates with body odour or bad breath? Well, I’ve been ‘privileged’ to experience a cubicle neighbour with smelly feet. I feel so blessed. Not.

This discovery was some time ago but she would normally resort to removing her shoes only after office hours i.e. usually very late when most people have left the office; which is fine considering I don’t last very long after 6pm. Now when you see me rush off and not bother tidying up, you’ll know why.

Lately however, she has been taking her shoes off as early as 10am and has resorted to walking barefoot and leaving her smelly shoes under her desk. As there is no partition below to separate our cubicles, the stench wafts through right up my nose. Whoosh. Pengsan.

Today she was on ‘shoes-off’ mode all day. It was so foul I could feel a migraine coming on.

Moaned to buddy-colleague about this; she charitably handed me her spare deodorant to mask the foul smell. Sprayed up, down and all around. This was certainly effective but not long-lasting. Once the scent evaporated, choked, gagged and stifled.

Not knowing what else to do, I popped down to Waitrose to get some proper air freshener to combat the odour. Propped Glade Lavender right in front of me immediately. Much better. Huzzah.

But my joy was short-lived. I had alternate whiffs between Glade’s Lavender and the Stench. Lavender. Stench. Stench. Lavender.

By then I was desperate to tape the damn freshener to my nostrils already. Oh Tuhan. Busuknya.

At my wits end, I had to resort to taking a walk for a breather every 15 minutes or so. There we are – yet another type of distraction to battle at work. Sigh.

This is only spring and temperature has been mild. I’m suspecting I will not survive summer when days get warmer. I have made my manager aware of my predicament – he obviously thinks it’s hilarious – and duly informed him of my serious intentions of moving to a different cubicle during dire days which I foresee as inevitable with the change in weather.

This appears to be the only viable solution. Seriously, how do you tell your colleague she has toxic feet in the most respectful, polite and inoffensive manner while simultaneously taking humiliation out of the equation?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaa...you crack me up! Will there be An Evil stinky pooh sequel now that it's summertime