Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Monday 2 April 2007

Murphy's Law

IK and I have work schedules that are very ‘accommodating’ at best and annoyingly unfair at worst.

Let me give you an insight to our routine. When IK is busy with outrageous deadlines to meet, resulting in late nights, you can put money on it that I will most certainly be able to get off work as early as 5-ish. When I am stressed with work up to my ears, he will happily leave the office to reach home in time to catch Everybody Hates Chris.

We have been noticing this pattern and wonder if it’s purely innocent harmless little coincidences. Initially we merely formulated this theory in jest. Strangely enough, it has occurred every so often that it’s not funny any more.

At first glance this may sound beneficial for both parties – when he is tired I’m already home and dinner is ready and vice versa. After awhile, this arrangement just seems so wrong. We can hardly sync our time together, especially for dinner as well as during the times when I am free I tend to email/call him more often than I should during my endless coffee breaks and have him grit his teeth over the telephone answering my trivia ‘give me 5 reasons why you love me’ to amuse my bored-self! Thankfully, IK does not seek to be 'entertained' by me when he has time on his hands. But you get the point; it wreaks havoc in our life.

So today, when he got in at 8.30pm (I was already at home hours ago; hair washed, dinner sorted, net surfed), he said, ‘You’re going to have a great few weeks ahead’, I was not impressed (despite this translating to: I'll have it easy at work).

Late nights, driving lessons, exams to study for. And Mumsy arrives this Thursday.

Murphy’s Law indeed.

No comments: