Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday 17 March 2007

Wholesome Tucker

Watched '50 Shocking Facts About Your Food' on Channel 4 some nights ago. Alarming indeed.

I'm appalled to discover that everything I consume is:
  • really unhealthy despite opting for the lighter, less fat, less calories choices
  • has potential side effects (e.g. headaches, migraines, brain tumour)
Let's have a look-see shall we into my daily staple:
  • Diet coke - contains artificial sweetener: aspartame
  • Lots of chicken (be it sandwiches/eaten with rice) - these chickens are fed with growth hormones + are bred in very small enclosure resulting in stressed chickens.
  • Sugar free gum - contains aspartame
Apparently, aspartame has been a subject of public controversy due to its perceived health risks. Hence I have resolved to exclude the first and third items in my food intake for the next 6 weeks. This is to ascertain if my medical conditions will improve or perhaps even be cured with the abscence of this chemical in my diet.

Will also eat more fish and less chicken wherever possible.

Day 1 of detox started yesterday. I don't know how long this aspartame-free diet will last especially with summer coming up when I thirst for some diet coke. Will be updating on my status hopefully on a regular, if not daily basis here. Watch this space.

No comments: