Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday 14 March 2007

Lousy Day

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Felt miserable all day. Rotten rotten mood. Wanted to bite someone's head off.

Could not get myself out of bed this morning until about half seven which is unreasonable considering I went to bed at 11pm. Loathed work. I even gave my fav salsa classes a miss (shock horror).

Tried to pinpoint the reason;

Is it that time of month? No.
Bad hair day? Au contraire.
Deadlines? None.
Terrorised by colleagues? Not today.

Don't know what's wrong. It's one of those 'there must be more to life than this' days. I don't have anything to look forward to despite the changes I've effected in my life - exercise regime/books/new interests. I feel like I am not moving forward. But but what more can I do to improve my life?

I'm just tired of my mundane routine really.

Eat, sleep, work, look forward to weekend, work, sleep, eat. Repeat.

Right now all I wish for is a break from the routine. Maybe a week long holiday at home being silly with Mumsy + Dadster, rubbing Winnie while she purrs in appreciation, trying to steal kisses from Cleo, chilling at the patio whilst having some satay. Bliss.

How I miss home.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight - Khalil Gibran, The Prophet (1923).

Let tomorrow be a better day. Amen.

No comments: