Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday 13 March 2007

Life Changing News (II)

IK received some rather unsettling news yesterday. His superior wants him to extend his 3 year stint in London for another year i.e. until Aug 2009. Initial posting: 3 years from Aug 2005. Now this curve ball.

No doubt the experience and money will be good.

However, we've left Winnie for 1.5 years and we're looking forward to spending time with her at the end of this 3 year post. We realised too that we missed our family and loved ones; no more overseas stints thank you very much. Not that I wish for anything untoward to happen but I could never forgive myself if something were to happen to Winnie/family if I wasn't around when I could have been there. Oh God forbid.

We've had a brief discourse on this piece of news and generally we agreed it's best I go home as planned while IK leverages on the single posting terms - 4 leave passages per annum. I will then come over as much as time + money permits. Doesn't sound like a bad arrangement, does it. After all, this will only be for one year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days.

We really are 'stupefied' by all this. Some people we know would jump at such an opportunity. Funny how things turned out.

When the time comes, I will need to make a very important decision. Will London be home for yet another year or will I go back to Ninie and be there for her, as I had promised her a year and a half ago that rainy night before I left her for this so called greener pastures?


***

Life Changing News (I)

May 2005

It was about 6-ish, on the Damansara – LDP highway right after the toll gates, driving home after work, a few days prior to our 4th anniversary when IK sprang the news on me. He said, we’re going to London Bu, I am being posted to the London office.

I remember that day vividly in my mind. How such news brought insurmountable joy to me then. Back in the days when 'the grass is always greener' and when I was young + foolish. Little did I know that oft times, life would get abit too lonely here with no Winnie, family and friends. How sometimes during the low points in my life, I wished we never came at all.

No comments: