Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday 31 March 2007

Girls Night Out

Date: 29 March 2007
Time: 6pm -9pm
Venue: Jubilee Place, Canada Place and Cabot Place

This event held in Canary Wharf is into its third year and highlights are all things girly - fashion shows, fun and frolics of shopping, enjoying live music + entertainment, product demonstrations, relax with some pampering treatments, such as massages and makeovers.

I met up with two friends - old and new - for this event; new from work and a dear old friend whom I had not met since I left my first job in 2000. I got off work early and headed to the shops to investigate the special offers and discounts while waiting for them as they had to travel in from the city.

The live entertainment was deafening to say the least and I think the entire womenfolk of London congregated at the wharf that night. Men, you certainly missed out on the bevy of girlies if you didn't head to the wharf. Regrets regrets.

I had my own (regret) too. Knowing full well my weakness for Gap, I should have avoided it instead of head on straight for it. Duh. I grabbed quite a few items (surprise surprise) as everything was 30% off but not after being elbowed, jabbed and getting the obligatory touch-that-last-available-size-if-you-don't-cherish-your-life glances from psycho female shoppers. Then there was the insanely long queue to pay but luckily by the time I reached the till, both had arrived safely, no doubt abit disoriented by the crowd and noise.

We traipsed the malls abit, checked out the fashion show, treated ourselves at the chocolate fountain, enjoyed free manicures before finally checking in at Tiffinbites for some dinner where we could have a proper girly chat and rest our tired feet.

Old friend and I go a long way back as we had been in the same primary and secondary school. We talked about homes + properties, food + cooking, good holiday destinations and work. It's always nice to be with good company and good food (and good bargains). All agreed that we should do this more often, and not wait until next year's GNO or until one of us gives birth for the next catch up sesh. It was a thoroughly enjoyable three-girls night out indeed.

No comments: