Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 8 February 2007

2006 At A Glance and 2007 Thus Far


2006 was a year of sorts for me:

  • Having to cope with being away from Winnie and missing her tremendously
  • Being bed ridden for a whole miserable month with flu/sorethroat/cough/lost my voice (the works basically)
  • New job in new territory - very daunting indeed
  • Excellent holidays - Paris, Barcelona, Egypt and 3 trips back home
  • Moving from NPW to BP - a little garden (wow) and a garage (double wow) at our disposal
  • Being more mobile and less reliant on the tubes - easier access to faraway BIG shopping malls, thanks Toby!
  • An unexpected bonus. Yay. Major restructure. Boo.
  • Mumsy in an accident and right after,
  • Passing on of my late grandma (1.Dec.06)
Then came 2007 which, sadly did not start off too well for me. I'm hoping that this negative bout will not continue beyond Q1 07, as I had taken (drastic?) actions to get me out of the rut i.e.
  • Pilates/salsa classes at the RSC
  • Applying to be a volunteer at the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home (awaiting response)
  • Enrolling into Photography Club, courtesy of employer
  • Investing in books to improve my level of literacy (Update: Jane Eyre is collecting dust on my bedside table shame on me)
  • Starting this blog (I shall soon find out if it really is theraputic as most bloggers claim it to be!)
We're midway through 1Q; I hope I have not committed too heavily in the above activities (I fear I may not partake in all these activities properly/wholeheartedly). More importantly, I'm hoping that by 2H, more +ve things will come my way!

No comments: