Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 11 September 2008

Need To Get Cracking

Have had my days full since the weekend. And how they tire me out. I am totally exhausted by the end of each day, I need a rub to soothe my aching back and sleep has been elusive of-late. Yesterday I was feeling really really poorly. I hope to feel better before my long flight home.

Packing, ante natal classes, shopping, cooking and (very tiny teeny bits of) domestic chores -- these have kept me busy since Saturday.

Latest discoveries:

  • Ante natal classes at the hospy were really good for me. I attended one for childbirth and another for breastfeeding. I am glad I had the opportunity to attend these classes despite some pooh-poohing the idea. I was totally enlightened and I hope it all goes well for me now that I am better informed.
  • Disposable diapers are expensive. Yesterday we bought our first pack for newborns for my hospy bag. It was a pack of 54 and cost almost £7. I was told babies use an average of 8 a day? I did the Maths and figured I would spend a whopping £35 a month just on diapers? Yikes. That is a lot of money to throw away but I would be doing my head in if I opted for cloth napkins, so for now let's just put this as a sunk cost. Hopefully if nursing goes well, I will save on formula.

Re packing -- (so far) there will be three huge suitcases, a box for the stroller and two handluggages.

  • Bubba's stuff took up about 1 and 1/3 of a suitcase.
  • 1/3 is IK's stuff.
  • My pregnancy clothes plus some pre-pregnancy clothes, shoes, handbags, toilettries, other bits and pieces will take up the rest of the space.
Today I am staying in, if I plan an outing, I will not be able to do much else later in the day and I so need to sort out my packing. O such fun. Not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cheapest place to get nappies is Asda as they do Giga boxes. 160 size 4+ pampers for about £20. If you sign up at the pampers website they'll even send you money off coupons every few months.

The Wharfer said...

Anon: Thank you!