Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 25 September 2008

Hari Raya

In less than 5 days, we will be celebating Eid.

This year the celebration will be extremely different.

One, I did not observe ramdhan per advice by GP and to be honest even if he said it was ok to, I would struggle quite abit to curb/manage my hunger. Hence the lack in (or of?) festive mood.

Two, everyone will be home. My sister and family arrive this afternoon from Melbourne; they will spend three weeks here. On Monday, my brother and family fly in from Bali for two weeks. Coincidently I am back as well to pop during this festive occassion.

I have mixed feelings about this whole idea.

On the one hand.

The house will be packed to the brim; am not sure I like that - chaos chaos chaos all around. I actually prefer the 'peace and serenity' of being on my own with mum, dad + cats. The poor kitties, I foresee them suffering the most. Plus mumsy who will be slaving away in the kitchen daily for everyone.

We have not spent raya together as a complete family for the last 6/7 years or maybe more, what with everyone scattered everywhere, and to coordinate holidays at the same time was just not possible due to different work schedules. This will be a first in a long while. Having said that IK will not be around on the 1st and 2nd day anyways so it will still not be totally 100% attendees!

This year there are many changes in the way I celebrate Eid; in the last three years I was at my desk on the first, second, third, so on and so forth day of Eid. It was not too bad as I think I have outgrown that 'raya/festive' feeling. I merely missed mumsy's food spread.

On the other hand.

This year I will be having all my siblings around, with three toddlers screaming and running about (meriah, some crazy people call it?), mumsy's rendang/kuah kacang/nasi impit/raya cookies to savour, and I even got myself a baju raya to complete the whole Eid shebang.

Sounds like all the essential ingredients are there for a celebration, no?


1 comment:

ZazaHardy said...

its gonna be excitinggggg!! you will be the centre of attention! hehehe..

syok everyone will be under the same roof! kan?