Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Land of Tulips [Minus the Tulips]









We celebrated (well in my books any occasion is a good excuse to celebrate) my 23 weeks' milestone with a trip to the Land of Tulips, Clogs, Cheese and Windmills.

It was a fab trip, I love Amsterdamster.
For its easy access to drugs. For the Red Light District.
Kidding. Kidding.

Top 10 reasons why I love this European city, in no particular order:
  1. Great restos and eateries abound - authentic yummy Indonesian and Siamese food (I have yet to find anything similar in London)
  2. Beautiful flowers in abundance - the Dutch seem to be very passionate about their flowers

  3. Bicycles everywhere! Doggies in baskets, toddlers in seats, men in suits, despite ladies all dressed to the nines, their bicycles were totally unattractive, very generic and berkarat, it was odd (I would insist that my bicycle stand out amongs the crowd and reflect my personality in terms of colour at least)

  4. Colourful clogs - I wish I could buy many many more to start MY CLOG COLLECTION, they are so cute

  5. Its beautiful architecture - homes, Rijksmuseum, general buildings

  6. We found a gem of a shop that sells lovely decorations for the home, if only we had the capacity to buy loads more sigh

  7. Our hotel, near Leidseplein, was a perfect choice, very very central to everything touristy

  8. Lovely canals - I'd love to have my birthday party on the boat while cruising the gorgeous canals in the warm summer breeze basking in the evening sun with good food, good company *bliss*

  9. Great selection of food (I'm Malaysian, nothing else matters)

  10. Great selection of food

OK. So maybe Top 8, but who's counting eh?

No comments: