Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Friday 14 March 2008

Blast from the Past - The Sequel

I have had two noteworthy reunions since last weekend.

The first was with the girls at Didcot. Anna's home is lovely, very tastefully decorated with hard wood furniture and she has a beautiful garden with a gorgeous olive tree (my fave!). She was ever so kind to prepare a lovely lunch for all of us.

It was nice to see everyone all grown up with bubbas but are still able to maintain the youthfulness of yesteryears. Everyone with bubs I say, but more accurately, everyone 'cept Anna and I.

These zany girls and I had a really wacky time during our first year at E6. It was my first time living amongst the Welsh and British. I was lonely, missing home and these great gals were warm, kind, friendly and welcoming that they helped ease my homesickness. Thankfully we got on really well and I was never made to feel out of place, despite being the ‘different' one.

I can never forget how considerate they were - not wanting to exclude me from their xmas meal of turkey, potatoes, yorkshire pud, they made a separate halal roast chicken just for me. Twas our xmas dinner to celebrate the yuletide season, to celebrate the new year, to celebrate our new found friendship, to celebrate the end of term, before we all went home for our xmas break that first year; such respect and sensitivity shown towards my practices and beliefs, I was so touched.
That was winter of 1994.

It is now spring of 2008. Who would have thought the friendships forged would last this long.

Well, they’ve been constantly keeping in touch since they left university. It was only I who lost touch when I left Cardiff 11 years ago to fulfil my dreams and ambitions back home.

I really would not have found any of them had I tried to mainly because they had adopted their partners’ last name. I owe Leanne the world for locating me on Facebook that fateful day in November. Otherwise the weekend in Didcot would never have materialised.

To great friendships I say!

***

The other reunion will have to be for another post, I need to sort this messy home for now!

No comments: