Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday 9 February 2008

Epicure

Being Malaysian means loving food more than loving your parents. Maybe that's going overboard but you get my drift. Our life mainly revolves around food – for birthdays, anniversaries, festivities, promotions, for any type of celebratory events basically. I'm pretty certain we, shamelessly, live to eat.

This post is a note on my current favourite hideout(s). Essentially, about the source of local food I have discovered to sustain my cravings in this foreign land.

I have a favourite resto for each of my local palate:

  • Blue Pac for Chinese food - North London/serves yam basket, char koay teow, kangkung belacan, tahu bakar, steam fish etc.
  • Tayyabs for great hot + spicy Indian food/kebab/nan bread/etc - East London /their sauces are excellent.
  • Msia Hall for delicious malay food - West London/the current selection is wider and taste a lot better too.

The epicurean that is me is sorted for life. Huzzah.

*****

My Saturday looked like this:

  • Weekly skype sesh with the both families in the a.m. All OK.
  • Tayyabs for lunch. Yummsteroo.
  • Terminated RSC membership. I hope I don't regret this.
  • Stopped by office to check new work station. Liking team's new seating-arrangements.
  • Ice skating at the wharf. Fun. Fun. Fun.
  • Completely zonked out at 5 - 6pm.
  • Woke up feeling rejuvenated and did heaps of laundry. Yay me.

My Sunday should start like this:

  • Nasi lemak and teh tarik breakfast at Msia Hall.

Simple pleasures in (my) life. Ooooh I can hardly wait.

No comments: