Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Monday 11 February 2008

Had Enough

Sometimes I feel like I am so done with this rat race and all forms of human interaction. I work 5 days a week on an average of 9 - 10 hours a day with people who don't matter to me.

Not only don't they matter, they are incredibly unbearable to be with.

Yet I have to be there every day; talk and behave politely and professionally, tolerate their difficult ways, deal with stupidity, manage unsupportive/unreasonable/unhelpful superiors, engage in non value added activities, get dumped with other people's workload subsequently having to understand very quickly how to do someone else’s job within the next half an hour, try hard to ignore and not allow lazy team-mate get to me, fight a battle just to get simple things done, get told off for being too slow (hey if you can do it any faster, be my guest). I’m sure there’s more but I’m too tired to elaborate.

I think I have taken in so much of crap for the last couple of months that now, today, this minute, I am feeling battered. I am totally drained. I have totally given up.

They have succeeded in breaking me.

***

I hope I will feel better tomorrow after a good night's sleep, I'd hate to see them win.

No comments: