Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Sunday 24 February 2008

Dollar Wise, Pound Foolish


Got me these cuties from Covent Garden last weekend. I love them. They make me feel really young and trendy.

Until I discovered in the internet that this only costs $40 in usa i.e. £10 less.

Now I feel stupid (but trendy nonetheless).

Big fat sigh.

For the longest time, my view of London has always been that it is the best place in the whole wide world to shop. Disclaimer: Please discount opinion expressed above, given my limited knowledge on shopping havens.

Granted (almost) everything here is more expensive in comparison to most other countries. However, I had no qualms paying a little extra; my justification being - the vast variety and endless choices she offered.

After my trip to the big apple, I know now that America is indeed the better option. Everything I like is considerably cheaper over there; be it make-up, iPods, cameras, shoes, handbags or clothes.

I *heart* Amerikaaah, for the wrong reasons no doubt.

Hence I did have a major spree stocking up on M.A.C., Coach, DKNY, Nine West, Gap, Ralph Lauren, T Hilfiger, and even Samsonite luggage is more affordable in the usa. Busted. I *cough* ran out of *cough cough* luggage space hence the purchase *cough*.

Now when I find the need to buy something, I make it a habit to check online its corresponding prices in the states.

And most times I am left feeling cheated and disappointed.

I wish I lived in America; the land of opportunity (to save money) indeedy.

2 comments:

ZazaHardy said...

me too me too!! LOADS of shopping to do in the states! there are so so many brands and plenty to spoil myself silly! hardy's looking for a new camera, they cost cheaper in america.. and sometimes how i wish we live there! lucky you, you've been there.. the closest i get to the states was working at GAP. *praying really hard hardy will get to go to the states for some long meeting/convention or anything so that i can tag along*

(p.s: i'm in the process of making you a card! hope you've had a good weekend!)

The Wharfer said...

Aww thank you so much for the thoughts and effort, you really shouldn’t have, you are too kind Zaza.

I’ve just read your latest post - Aidan’s resemblance to you is amazing; like peas in a pod!

Will keep my fingers crossed for your shopping trip in states!