Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Friday 28 December 2007

Sinful Indulgence

As with everybody else, I too have been over-eating during this holiday season but the only difference is that I have no regrets. Well, not until I get home and find the need to inhale deeply before I can zip up my work trousers next week, that is. Enjoy now, worry later I say.

We had some really yummylicious Chinese food for Sunday lunch; the dim sum spread and yam basket was oh so divine. For dinner, we went in search of ramly burger – chicken special to satisfy our craving for that tasty chicken burger wrapped in egg topped with salad and tomato sauce, no onions for me.

On Monday we had the big breakfast at La Bodega and after spending too much at the sales in Midvalley, we proceeded to everyone’s favourite Siamese resto - Sri Ayuthayya; highlights are their lemon grass prawns and kerabu mangga.

I was off to Kota Bharu to visit the in laws on Tuesday + Wednesday, and here, we were fed with local grub for two days non stop. As we had lunch, dinner plans were already discussed. Suffice to say we had enough nasi ulam to last us for the next six months. But I’m not complaining; I will be heading back to land of bland food soon.

There is a great Chinese resto in KB, Four Season, worth a mention I think. The food was really delicious; we polished off every morsel and left nothing on the plate, not even a crumb. I loved their deep fried hot and spicy siakap and the fried chicken with mangoes (similar to the kerabu mangga you’d get in a Siamese shop). Wish I could cook up dishes like that!

Today we had Monterey chicken and the chocolate brownie sundae for lunch. In between there was nasi lemak, rojak buah and tahu bakar. When will this sinful gastro experience end?

I fear I will not fit into any of my clothes at the rate I am going. Other people indulged on merely one day - Christmas, Eid, etc. I have been indulging slash over-eating and am still continuing to indulge slash over-eat for the past seven days. Must practice some restrain; if not for spiritual purpose, at least for the physical aspect i.e. piling on the extra kilos yikes.

As I write this I am counting the days before I have to leave home. It will be with a heavy heart. This whole week has just flown by (as I had anticipated it to) and I have merely a few more days until I leave. I still have quite a bit to do in between. I have been trying to spend as much time as I can with Winnie but I fear it is (and will) not be enough. I am certainly not looking forward to going back to the gloomy weather.

I try to make myself feel better by listing out things to look forward to H1 08 (Can't believe it will be 2008 in three days):

1. NYC in Jan 08
2. Some travels + beach holiday (dying to sink my feet in some sand)
3. Bonus pay out and hopefully a decent salary increment *fingers crossed*

In the meantime I should really block out the negative thoughts and enjoy the here and now.

No comments: