Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 16 August 2007

It Ain't Easy Being A (Hairy) Girl

Anything involving the provision of services comes at a premium in London. Be it a plumber for your blocked sink, a hair cut, a gardener to trim your hedges or even a 15 minute consultation with the GP. Not only do they cost a fortune, they also cannot be made available immediately and normal procedure requires for you to make an appointment way in advance to book in a slot.

I miss the easy KL life. Gone are the days of just popping into the saloon for a quick wash and blow during lunch hour just for the occasional much needed pick-me-upper.

Or walking to the nearest clinic that is on the company’s panel to be prescribed the medication (F.O.C) within the next 15 minutes or so.

Everything is about time and money here.

Off late I have been turned down by my beautician for an eyebrow threading and leg wax appointment due to their very busy schedule. It is the wedding season they tell me.

What about next week then?

Let me check the diary. Nope.

The week after?

There’s A*** if you’re okay with him.

Er, no thanks, he ruined my eyebrows the last time.[Having one eyebrow shorter than the other isn’t quite attractive, I would know]. Well maybe the week after that then? Nothing at all? What about December 2008?

Harrumph.

I am well aware that my treatments don’t bring in as much money as a bridal package would but surely you can get someone to mind the saloon for your regular and loyal customers who don’t have to get married but still need to have decent looking eyebrows.

Doesn’t anybody care about how we, the other segment of women who don't need to get married any time soon or are already married, look and how we too need our legs waxed to be able to not look like there's a gorilla underneath the skirt.

Obviously not.

Since I am left to my own devices, I have decided to invest in an epilator to do the job of waxing my legs. I have contemplated this idea before but having very low pain threshold [read: chicken sh*t], I put it off. I guess now is a good time as any to finally get this monster looking tool unless I don’t plan to wear any skirts for the next six months until every other 'Asian' in London’s gotten hitched. No I'm not racist, I'm just very bitter (and hairy).

Anyways, I got the epilator yesterday so that’s one problem solved.

Next, the eyebrows.

Regrettably, I cannot do my own eyebrows and neither do they sell any DIY hair removal kits for this part of the body. Either I continue to be at their mercy until I miraculously get an appointment, or my bushy eyebrows starts affecting my vision, whichever earlier, so I can, if I get truly truly desperate, go to one at Covent Garden, but at £12. Makes you wonder if the thread used is gold plated.

For those not in the know, it cost me RM7 (£1) in Lucky Garden for my threading. Complain. Complain. Complain. Where is the justice in this?

If you pass by a person that looks like she has two caterpillars crawling above her eyes, do stop to say hello.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh hairy girls are sometimes sexy what...tapi i prefer mine trimmed or clean shaven...KAHKAHKAHAKAHAKAKAH

The Wharfer said...

Oy. This is a PG rated blog.Pls refrain from leaving unbefitting comments!

Sign,
Blog censorship authority

ZazaHardy said...

funny la you! but i hear you! over here everything's all through appointments. even emergency kat hospital pon we have to call them up for an appointment! i shave me legs and do me own brows...so i wouldnt know how much it'll cost over here. hey, perhaps i should get you those tweezers with a light on for your belated birthday cadeau :P

The Wharfer said...

semuanya appointments, benci kan?

zaza, i used to pull them out with tweezers too but was told off by the beautician - ingrown hair or smtg strange like that la. thanks anyway, mighty nice of you!