Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 5 July 2007

A Tragic End to the Perfect Holiday

So the Holiday is well and truly over.

It's been doom and gloom the minute the holiday ended last Sunday. First, the flight departed KLIA an hour late. It was a full flight - no hope of hogging two seats each. Landed in Heathrow late and it took 2 hours to clear immigration (there must have been like about 5000 people in the queue, I kid you not). Then a bomb scare was reported as we collected our baggage and headed to the arrival hall, toward chaos everywhere. Finally, we had to hop on a train to Terminal 4 with heavy suitcases in tow to catch the taxi we booked (he could not linger around Terminal 3 because of the chaos and it did not help that we were about 3 hours delayed).

What an ordeal.

Then for the past four days there's the missing home bout that I have to cope with, jet-lag battle, and to top it off, going back to work with month-end deadlines looming. SIGH. Been trying to get into the swing of things, but progress is extremely s l o w.

Here's what I'm missing:

1. Two weeks of nasi lemak/cucur/kuih/roti canai/teh tarik/steamboat overdose. Ho hum, I’ve put on weight instead of lose some.
2. Two weeks of cat-company. Those two bags of fur are such joy to have around.
3. Two weeks of meals prepared for me, instead of by me. Loved it.
4. Two weeks of Channel E! I'm now celebrity-savvy.

And what I'm not:

1. Rude infuriating Malaysians who do not understand the concept of/believe in queuing. I have absolutely zero tolerance for this.
2. Bad bad service, how I loathe this and how I never fail to attract them.
3. Public toilets. Euww.
4. Heartbreaking sights of stray cats and dogs roaming the streets. Unlike in the UK, where you have the Cats Protection, Battersea and RSPCA that you can always rely on; they really care for their animals. I know it's a long shot but I hope Malaysia will/can come up to the same level instead of merely claiming to be a 'caring' society.

We had the 'opportunity' to re-live our pre-London lifestyle for a week by rescuing a stray kitten abandoned right outside mum's gate. To-date mum still has not been able to find a home for him. I pray someone will take him soon, he is real easy to care for and is a cute little fellow who's very very playful, what's there not to like? *Fingers crossed*

There was also alot of damage done because everything is cheaper in Malaysia - MAC, Loccitane, Bobbi Brown, strangely even British brands like Topshop/DP/FCUK. Well, almost everything except Tefal, as mum pointed out.

I was home in time for the Mega Sale Carnival and I came back here to the beginning of summer sales. How disturbing is that. Note to self: Must not shop, bank balance needs time to recover from Malaysia trip.

Glad that it's Friday tomorrow; need to stop feeling miserable. The weekend could just be the remedy.

No comments: