Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday 25 July 2007

Har-hars Under the Stars

We were at the Open Air Comedy Night at Canada Park last night and I am so glad that we, well, I insisted really, made the decision to go.

You know how it is, you come back home from work, you get busy cooking and smell like eau-de-fried noodles, then sit down for dinner, wash up and half an hour later, all you want to do is plonk yourself in front of the telly and subsequently collapse into a pile of snooze. Especially true for lazy-bones-IK (!).

I was feeling sluggish too but forced myself to get dressed for this event. Since the show started at 8 p.m., we had lots of time to get there really.

We arrived and realised that a big crowd had already gathered. It was a good turn out and we had no choice but to take a spot at the back but it wasn’t too bad as there were big screens available to aid viewing for the backbenchers.

Got our spot, spread out our ever so reliable picnic mat, got the snacks out and we were good to go.

There were five comedians; Patrick Monahan, Michael McIntyre, Jeff Green, Shappi Khorsandi and Adam Hills, out of which I thoroughly enjoyed three who were truly truly ab fab! They were so hilarious; I was guffawing and rolling on the grass. They each had about 30 minutes to perform and the entire show ended at approximately 10 p.m.

We felt bad for leaving Prince during that whole time, constantly wondering if we should dash off after the 3rd act as it was 9-ish by then. Is this God’s way of preparing us, should we ever have our own tot I wonder? That guilt-ridden feeling a working mum would experience for leaving her child behind to attend social activities. Eeeks I don’t think I’m quite ready for this yet. But I digress. (Note to self: Need to sort this lifestyle change/adjustment pronto.)

Alrighty, back to subject at hand - in a nutshell, the whole show was a blast, we had loads of fun, watching it under the stars did it for the romantic fool that is me and Michael Mcintyre, Adam Hills and Shappi Khorsandi were simply ace!

No comments: