Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 7 June 2007

TGIF, almost

Since the arrival of the in-laws, life has been manic. I hardly have time to make the obligatory calls home as I normally would first thing on Saturday mornings. There's just always somewhere we need to rush to during the weekends.

Poor mumsy and dadster; all they get are 20-30 minutes of hurried conversations as I make the calls from the office in between meetings, discussion and email-writing. Not exactly the best place to have a mindless chatter about cats + food + to catch up on gossips, is it.

I have not had much time to get excited over our impending trip home either. I am left feeling knackered at the end of each day that I have totally forgotten about my hols. How I long for quiet nights in front of the telly, by my lil ole self, in my comfy jim-jams, without having to constantly make conversations and sporting a fake plastered smile across my face. It's hard work this - playing host and being the good dot-in-law.

Sorry I digress. Back to holidays.

Today we discussed the possibility of extending our hols to two instead of merely one week. Checked with agents but we'd have to incur alot of money should we want to postpone our flights further. We have until tomorrow to decide but I think we're going to stick to the original plans. Although it would be swell to do away with policies, codes, reports, reconciliations and such for half a month.

On Saturday night, the in-laws fly home. I shall begin packing on Sunday morning.

***

Tomorrow the cat's away. Such joy. I suspect it will be a good end to my horrible week, sans big boss. May even consider taking a two hour lunch to look for some skinny jeans. Hmm..now that's a thought.

2 comments:

NyNa said...

Skinny jeans? You must have a gorgeous body cause skinny jeans only work on skinny women. I, on the other hand, have what my guy friends call a 'prosperous body'. Kinda like your average run of the mill Buddha

The Wharfer said...

me skinny? far from it. you know how it is in london, you can get away with wearing just about anything (or nothing) at all haha.