Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday 5 May 2007

Thank Heavens for Physio Sessions

I haven’t been in the mood for blogging simply because of my 'sore back' situation. Sitting long hours in front of the pc at work and continuing it at home just seems unappealing hence the lack of updates.

However, after my physio session yesterday, I felt a lot better. A whole lot. It worked wonders on me. Magic hands I tell ya. I don’t know what he did but I sure felt lighter and the pain on my back/shoulder/neck areas has definitely subsided. I slept soundly last night, not semi-consciously, for I did not feel the need to be acutely aware of my back positions, pressure applied and movements at all. One of the best nights I’ve had.

The physiotherapist demonstrated ways of relieving my tired back, exercises I needed to perform every hour (!) to straighten out this very bent/rounded/crooked back bone and proper support for my neck during sleep. I was further advised to challenge the pain head on rather than avoid it. Ow. Ow. Ouch. I will be having physio sessions twice a week for now and maybe less as my condition improves god willing. He will also summond the company’s Health and Safety Officer to come round and check my seating position with respect to my desk, my PC, the correct angles etc for better posture at work.

Even he was appalled that at 32 years of age, I am already so hunched. What happens when I get to 60. Yikes. You must imagine me to resemble the hunchback of Notre Dame by now.

For now the back pains have reduced although I do get tired of sitting up straight all the time. He says it is because my muscle is weak resulting from lack of utilisation i.e. am always in slouching position. The method to rest my back while lying down has also helped to reduce the tiredness felt on my back.

So all is well in Wharf-land provided that I remember not to slouch.

No comments: