Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday 10 April 2007

Reflections & Resolutions

We are already ten days into 2Q of 2007. This is the time where I need to reflect and do some navel-gazing on what I have achieved/changed for the better during first three months of the year and what I am expecting to accomplish for the next quarter; short term goals effectively.

Q1 Highs

In January I managed to cross out one of the to-visit list of countries. Glad I did that, it was certainly an unforgettable experience.

I enrolled for some Pilates and weekly salsa classes. Super fun, no regrets there.

I had far too many arguments with IK over petty matters and was feeling frustrated with things at work, missing my family + cats and all I wanted to do was go home. I am trying to let some things go because I just cannot control what/how other people do/think. I think there have been some notable improvements in our relationship.

Q1 Lows

I bought many books to stimulate the idle mind but to-date I am still stuck with Jane Eyre (I lose interest easily if storyline dips; need some drama/commotion/crisis/tragedy to keep me going) while the other books are collecting dust on the window sill.

We had invested in an SLR because we realized our IXUS 40’s limitations which then prompted me to register with company’s Photo Club, with the hopes of honing my (lack of) photography skills. I never pulled through. Shame on me. I am still dwelling on whether or not to read the manual and learn the functions at all.

Not too long ago, I excluded consumption of aspartame-laden food from my diet. I was having far too much diet coke and I wanted to detox my body. After sixteen days I floundered. So much for my body, my temple.

For Q2, the main goal I am striving for is work-related. My role at work is slowly becoming more structured. Although I do hope I can cope with the expectations as I sometimes get panic-attacks thinking about my manager’s hopes and aspirations for me. All I can do is hope to be proficient (and comfortable) in my new role by end of Q2.

Photocredit: iK

No comments: