Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 28 August 2008

New Chapter

At 1700 today, I started my long awaited maternity leave.

It felt a little sad to think that I no longer will be in the work force for the next 12 months and that I will not wake up to a routine.

It is strange but this was what I have been waiting for and yet I kind of don't want it. Funny how the human memory is so selective and can choose to forget all the distressing moments but only retain the good ones when circumstances change.

I will surely miss my morning healthy snack of melons, oranges, grapes, pineapple fruit salad from the resto and traipsing down the mall to get me some pastry from Paul's mid-morning when hungry. Oh and free international calls from my fixed landline (I have to admit I abused it by calling mumsy every other day FOC).

I know I will definitely not miss the slave-drivers and the limited access to certain internet sites at work. We were not permitted access to my lifelines - facebook, gmail, blogs - it was a pain!

Anyways, I have been wondering what I will be getting up to these next few days before I fly home and briefly this is the list (I so love list-making, it helps de-clutter my knotted thoughts) I have come out with:

  • Some shopping for bubs, mum and my sister
  • Becoming a domestic slave (am no goddess unfortunately), with Ramadhan approaching
  • Be on top of my ironing and laundry
  • Packing and organising bubba's stuff
  • Lots of blogging and net-surfing

There we are, lots to keep me occupied after all huh.

No comments: