Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Friday 1 August 2008

Emotion-High

What a week! Not sure if it is purely due to pregnancy or the extra activities that happened throughout.

I think it all began last Sunday; entertaining during one part of the day and sorting cat matters in the second half of the day. That was physically and mentally exhausting. Mentally, because some people are plain toxic toxic toxic.

Wednesday was dinner, prior to AA's departure, at this lovely place in central London. The food was exceptional, company was tres fun, service excellent. Abit on the pricey side but they threw in a free dessert on top of each of our own yummy desserts and even served up some vanilla ice cream for me when I casually mentioned that none of their dessert had that in it. Now you know what I mean by excellent service. Also, one of the many the perks of having a bump, how I love the attentiveness of the waiter(s) waiting on me (us).

The other nice resto was at J's birthday a week ago, food was sublime and service was great too. Anyone planning a special meal should try these restos - Asia De Cub@ (Covent Gdn) and Sk3tch Gallery (Conduit St off Regent St), if you haven't already that is.

Alright. Back to my hectic week.

Work was awful, being tired meant I had so much difficulty concentrating on the tasks at hand. Having only a few weeks left before I leave for maternity and loads to do made it 1000 times worse.

Oh but I do have a confession, I was distracted with this new online group that I recently joined. It's a mother's group with lovely mommies from around the world sharing their experiences and so I have been catching up on threads, forums and messages on the board. It is very informative and certainly makes up for dullness I face at work. How naughty am I, if only I did my work as diligently as I read the forums.

With new online group, blogging and FB have taken a back spot. I actually had some problems with sites on blogspot, could not access it at all, not even my own blog, up until tonight. Wonder if I was the only one experiencing this. It didn't help that the office restricts access to these sites too so I was blog-less for a couple of days.

Another issue that truly got me upset was about our trip home. IK has work in KL and I am merely tagging along. We had my tix sorted, upgraded and booked, my holidays approved, when suddenly his office decided to switch meeting dates just a week before the flight. Bah. Oh how that threw us off-course. I had to adjust so many appointments which were not easy to change - one being my appointment with Dr G in KL, my next appointment with the midwife here, find another date with upgradeable options, my holidays had to be re-approved, my birthday (it shall now be celebrated here boo hoo). Thankfully it has all been sorted after much tears (on my part) and anxiety + hardwork (on IK's). Mental torture I tell you.

A whole mixed bag of emotions I was going through - happy, sad, angry, excited, upset, but mostly T.I.R.E.D.

I am 28 weeks today, that is 7 months along into my journey. It has been so far so good, alhamdullilah, last week's roller coaster ride notwithstanding.

Can you believe we have gone through > 1H 08, and it is already August 2008?

TGIF, happy sunshiny weekend peeps.

No comments: