Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Friday 25 July 2008

12 Hours Later

I did end up hauling my ass to work this morning. I'm good slash square like that.

I think it would be easier had this been KL cause I would have seen my GP and asked him to certify me 'unwell'; he in turn, would administer some vitamins + rest-well advice (bless Dr Chow) and provide a signed copy of a medical cert and I would happily (but sickly of course) be on my way home to rest, as all pregnant women would be allowed to.

But because the policy here is that one is permitted to self certify oneself of being ill, up to a max of five days, it makes me extremely conscious of calling in sick. They trust you to act like an adult and have faith that you really are sick when you say you are. It just seems wrong to abuse the system.

For the records, since being preggers, I have only taken three days off, and that was during trimester one when I was severely sick at the beginning where even chewing my own food was physically not possible due to my energy being zapped trying to prepare womb for bubs. O how I don't miss those days, they belong in a lttle dark corner called 'the past' and that's where they should stay.

So apart from those three sickies, I have been at work religiously despite sometimes wishing I could continue my slumber when my body was feeling so weak and refused to budge. I really should be thankful I was never sick enough to be medically certified unwell, unlike mumsy who was bed-ridden for 7 months apparently.

However, sometimes, I do wish I had that option to tell Dr Chow I'm tired and need a rest so please pretty please can I get an MC, consequently not turn up for work, but not feel an ounce of guilt the next day because the GP was the one who prescribed me the 'recuperating' time I needed. Just sometimes....

Anyways, work wasn't too bad, I survived it didn't I, and the weekend is finally here! Huzzah. Huzzah. Huzzah.

No comments: