Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday 1 May 2008

Energy-Zapper

I hardly go out after work especially if travelling out of my comfort zone ie.'canary wharf bubble' is involved. That is the bad side of living and working in the same post code. I just cannot be bothered to make an effort especially if it involves public transportation ie. packed tube during rush hour.

This week has been an exception; Tuesday night we travelled to Holborn to catch a talk by our ex-prime minister. I am pretty certain I would never get such an opportunity in Malaysia, this would probably be my only claim to fame of having been about 8 feet away from the man himself. To be honest the talk was abit dry apart from some bits of innuendos about the current political situation at home but the Q & A session made up for the monotony.

On Wednesday was dinner with the girls at Leic Sq. Food was yumms but it was pouring so finding resto was a chore as I was delayed at work and had to find my own way there.

After (only) two consecutive late nights out, I am left feeling knackered. It just confirms the fact that I am (getting) old. Sigh.

***

This weekend is the bank holiday weekend and so we are heading to St Ives for some sand, sea and (hopefully) sun therapy. If weather permits, there may even be some sailing involved (yahoo). Please dear Lord, let the sun shine brightly over in Cornwall this weekend.

On Tuesday IK is heading to KL for work. How unfair is that. If not for my work commitments, I would have jumped on the plane with him too (free tix!) for four short but sweet escapade.

On Saturday my sister arrives.

I already feel tired for my hectic week ahead. Time for bed. Nighty-night.

No comments: