Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Monday 18 February 2008

Holiday vs Stay Home. Adventure vs Relax. Luxurious vs Sensible. More Savings vs Less Spending.

Easter hols is at the end of March and we are in the midst of deciding to go away for a short trip.

This sounds odd but I don't really want to go for a holiday as all the events leading to a holiday is exactly what it is not supposed to be. Stressful, tiring and not fun. I end up exhausted with all the packing, cleaning up house, emptying fridge, laundry, waking up early, travelling to the airport, hotel transfers etc. Urgh

Then there's the intensive sight seeing to be done having merely four days; planning our itinerary for each day, what and where to visit, finding best methods of travelling around the city, where to have meals, etc - all too complicated really.

I think holidays are never restful (unless you head to a beach and just laze about with a good book sipping pinacolada all day long).

But.

There is a nagging worry that should I decide to stay home and just chill for four consecutive days (O bliss - it sounds so tempting already), I may regret not taking advantage of the bank holidays to venture to the continent. I only have a limited amount of annual leave entitlement per annum. This will be a good opportunity to save them and yet get some travelling done.

But.

If we decide in the end to go somewhere indeed, that simply means more money going out.

And.

The anniversary ticker indicates our wedding anniversary is less than three months away. It being the seventh makes me think I should put extra thought and effort on a more memorable and meaningful gift vs. previous gifts. Special gift = more money? Without sounding very materialistic, yes, I am afraid so. I know what he really wants (needs?) and it does not come cheap.

My bank account has been steadily depleting since September last year at an alarming rate. There was a big birthday gift, trips home, Boxing Day and January sales, the trip to the states, and more recently, Valentine's Day.

I need to restore the sad state it is in pronto.

Can someone ever so kindly tell me where I can find this goose that lays the golden eggs?

No comments: