Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Sunday 23 December 2007

I Am Home


And extremely jet lagged.

We arrived Saturday morning to be greeted by ketupat, kuah kacang, beef and chicken rendang for brunch at home. Post Hari Raya Haji celebrations you could say. Yummy.

I then slept through from 11ish am till about 5pm. Despite this being a holiday I cannot help but feel 'what a waste of precious cat/family time' to spend six hours on sleep.

Although to be fair, I was already very tired before we came home - hectic work schedule, been sleep-deprived (early mornings and late nights to pack and clear home before hols), I have also been down with the flu bug and a sore throat since Wednesday.

I have been diligently taking my course of antibiotics in the hopes of clearing the throat very very soon; after all what is a holiday back home minus the delish spicy and oily local grub!

Today I had nasi lemak (kurang sambal to ease the spicy-ness) and lepat ubi kayu for breakfast but I had to forego the roti canai and karipap.

For lunch, steamboat. Again, minus the usual red hot sauce that I would normally dunk everything in copious amounts. Bummer.

Everything in moderation. Bah.

Last night I went to bed at half past ten and woke up at 3am looking for my other bed partner, Winnie, who I am guessing went out through the window to have a pee (or a poo, who knows?). She was back in half an hour later but then I had problems falling back asleep until maybe 5 or 6am and only managed to force myself out of bed at 9am. I am now surfing the net to avoid nodding off too early as I want to regularise my body clock to Malaysia time - need to be up early tomorrow; lots to do (and eat).

Looking forward to tomorrow; I am on a pursuit – all food related obviously!

Note to self: Day 2, 8 more to go.

No comments: