Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Sunday 4 November 2007

MH 001

Dadster's gone home. Boo hoo.

His flight was at 10pm last night and I think he has landed as I type this.

All the guilt feeling is oozing out of me now that he is gone. This is because I have not been the most gracious hostess/daughter. There were times when I may have raised my voice, became impatient, got angry with him unintentionally. I hope he does not take it to heart. Knowing him, his children can do no wrong and that makes me feel all the more worse.

When will I learn?

In my defence, not that it will dismiss the guilt and that I am permitted to absolve my bad behaviour, he can be quite a degil old man. Ask Mumsy.

3 comments:

ZazaHardy said...

hahahahha! i like the last bit! ask mumsy!!!

you know what, i had this problem with my dad last summer. the thing is, he's used to me being 'adik', listen and follow what he suggests, but now i'm not just 'adik', i'm a wife, i'm a mom. and after leaving home, i now have my own way of thinking, not being influenced by anyone, i am stronger in my views, i stand by my decision. it took a while for him to get used to me, being the "new" me. but we all had a good talk.. understanding each roles and why i have now "changed". the stubborn me kept on telling myself "ahh.. dad will understand".. but in true fact (in my case) deep down they want to hear, "i love you dad"

you know what dear, at least you realized that you have raised your voice, be impatient... some people dont! and yes, we will all learn. i'm still learning! we will terasa morre especially when they leave us.. and that's when the 'menyesal' kicks in!

deep down they know we love them.... and yes, mine is also a degil man lah! mum will testify as well!

Zaza

The Wharfer said...

Ya la, my mum has to put up with so much more!

it's good that you sorted things out with your dad. all i did was send him a text after he left and said 'Sorry la pa I raised voice/scolded you when you were here' itu je.

anyways, hope all is well on your side! take care.

ZazaHardy said...

he's lucky to have you!! such good daughter. i sometimes took 2-3 days to say sorry to him!

Z