Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Friday 31 August 2007

Happy 50th Independence Day

I have been enjoying six days of departure from all things wharf-related i.e. work, food, home, shops + wet summer weather. It has been splendid.

I am happy to report I have managed to strike off quite abit on my 'to-indulge-in' list made prior to trip home. To-date I have binged on steamboat, satay, dim sum, rojak buah, pulut durian, twister (but had to give carrot cake a miss), asam squid, lemon grass prawns, kerabu mangga, roti jala, coffee bean's mocha ice blended (I have yet to find a drink that comes close to this in London), roti telur, murtabak and nasi lemak.

I am a happy bunny.

Update on kitties:

Both Winnie + Cleo have put on some weight. Hurrah. We are very pleased about this as it means they are conclusively happy, well cared for + have a healthy appetite.

Ginger has had her vaccination done and despite being merely four months old, she is constantly terrorising Winnie + Cleo! The two physically bigger kitties just cannot handle her, she creates mayhem everywhere she goes. As Mumsy aptly describes the situation; with Winnie + Cleo, it feels like there are no cats at home, with Ginger, it is pure chaos!

***

Today I celebrate our country's 50th year of independence in my homeland and my only hope as a Malaysian is for our minds to be 'merdeka' too.

Selamat Hari Merdeka Malaysia.

No comments: