Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday 10 July 2007

'Pulut Durian' Sequel

Thought I satiated my cravings when I had some during the recent holiday, but I was clearly off the mark.

Over the weekend, we were at the oriental supermarket to get some fish balls and I caught a glimpse of the smelly fruit in a little pack of four ‘ulas’ on display in the next aisle. Immediately the brain registered it as yummy; me want some pulut durian.

Now, enticed and tantalized with thoughts of the creamy sweet taste of the concoction (although having had some a month ago already, what is wrong with me), I knew I had to have some. Thankfully they sold the glutinous rice at the supermarket to go with the dessert. I hadn't a clue how to cook it, but mum’s expertise was just a call away.

Strange thing is, before I went away, never did I ever crave for durian or pulut durian for that matter. I hardly ate durians at all. Strange what takes over you when being cast away from your homeland. Only then do you pine for familiar surrounding, sight and sound (and food in this case).

Since Sunday, I have had three helpings with today being the last and final portion. I think I have gone overboard cause mid way through the serving, I felt ill. I take that as a good sign as this will guarantee that my next craving for this will not be anytime soon.

Er, I hope.

No comments: