Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday 17 July 2007

Blondie

This is me having a blonde moment – where is this elusive summer? It is mid July, almost August even and yet no sign of the sparkling sun.

The reason for this eagerness (and some what impatience) is mainly due to clothes. Yes, the outfits I wear.

Being in UK has made me realised that getting dressed every morning is a lengthy and tiring process. First I need to check the weather forecast for the day, then decide on skirts/trousers depending on temperature, to wear an extra layer of cardi or not, the right jacket depending on wind, so there's thick, medium or light to choose from and finally the shoes - stockings with heels, no stockings, flatties if alot of walking involved, comfy sneakers for longer outings (therefore no skirts as these don't go with each other), etc etc etc. All the while ensuring the colours are well coordinated. Don't even let me get started on the timing of the outing, it can sometimes have all four seasons in a day - what an amazing country eh. The synchronization of my daily attire is such a chore and very time-consuming, even I get exasperated sometimes.

Anyways back to my whining on the current weather situation. I have all these light colourful happy clothes collecting dust in the wardrobe, waiting patiently to be paraded in. Yet sadly, everyday, I end up with my drabby set of proper office attire. It is becoming all too dreary, I need some colour!

IK finds all this incomprehensible and chides me when I moan about not having anything nice to wear. He says I need not be inspired to go to work by always wearing the ‘perfect’ outfit. Bah. What do men know? As it is I have to drag myself to work each day. Having pretty skirts help ease the grief I feel every morning despite what IK believes.

Here’s praying for long lunches in the park, floral summery dresses, strappy sandals and cool pineapple-lemonades!

No comments: