Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Sunday 27 May 2007

Work Woes

Smelly Colleague resigned a few weeks ago. Guess who has been assigned to take on his role.

It’s madness at work now. I am to do PIL stuff, RCSA testings, policy-related matters, margin lending reporting, write SAS codes to produce meaningful MIS and understand my new portfolio – OD.

All the while trying to meet the various month end deadlines.

With in-laws around to entertain.

Woe is me.

Despite tomorrow being a bank holiday, am going to the office to get work done. If I don’t, I will stress and panic on Tuesday as I have an urgent deliverable due then.

To add more strain, Smelly Colleague is taking the handover lightly and giving it very low priority. He has also left me a lot of work; work that he should have completed in the last six months (I foresee more to blow up at my face). I now have to cover his slack and update all his outstanding work. It was so bad last week that I even made a formal complaint to my manager plus I carbon copied the bigger managers too. We also had a heated argument and we exchanged some very ‘colourful’ words between us. I assure you, it was not a pretty sight. Have not spoken to him since. And am not planning to do so anytime soon.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

No comments: