Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday 20 March 2007

Wonky Weather at the Wharf

Day 5

I have been good and not touched a single can of diet coke since day 1 of resolution. Neither have I chewed sugar-free gum, or any gum for that matter. As for fish meal alternative, I have resorted to tuna/salmon filling sandwiches instead of my usual chicken/cheddar cheese favourites.

It may be doable for now (5 days is too early to conclude anything) but I have a feeling this bout of health-consciousness won't last knowing myself all too well; I really love my chicken.

***

On a different note, the weather has gone bonkers here in UK. We had some hail showers on Sunday, and some snow for a good 10 minutes or so this afternoon. It's greatly bizzare. Just when I thought winter was well and truly over - generous rays of sunshine + mild temperatures bestowed upon us over the past two weeks - it was taken away ever so quickly. Back to turtle necks, thick cardis, woolly jumpers and heavy winter coats *sigh*

There's a lot of wind around the wharf too (something about tall buildings, basins and waterways, low pressure, hence strong winds) and most mornings I get into the office looking like a right mess; my hair will be everywhere that it should not be despite my best efforts every morning to ensure it's in its place, now I wonder why I even bother? Today's wind was exceptionally strong and any stronger I would have probably been blown away. And my poor ears; they hurt so bad from being exposed to the piercing cold, despite my less-than-10minutes walk to and from work. I must remember my hat tomorrow.

When oh when will spring make its long awaited appearance?

No comments: