Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Sunday 4 March 2007

First Weekend in March

What a hectic week it has been.

Was crazy busy trying to meet deadline for 5th March 2007; whilst having to spend my Friday in Reading for some SAS. Was scheduled to leave at half four but it dragged on till about half five and I only got into the wharf at almost seven. Spent an hour at the office and ended Friday night with IK for din-din at Nandos. Oh did I mention it was raining cats and dogs that evening? I didn’t carry my brolly with me and was drenched thanks to ‘no shower, dry today’ forecast. Harrumph.

Saturday was slow and lazy. Spoke to Mum + Dad before heading to Carluccio for some breakfast. Apparently, Ninster went missing for a day, but she’s ok now (gawd I miss her so). Mumsy is alright. Dadster had fun in Bali.

In between the late breakfast and dinner, did my eyebrows, went for a drive to Lakeside and was messing about with the complicated cam around the Blackwall Basin but it started raining (again the same ‘no fainfall’ forecast) so that plan had to be shelved. Note to self: don’t be lazy, read the manual.

Dinner was some ‘nasi campur’ at Mawar (first time in many many years) and I’d have to rank it above Malaysia Hall and Nahar’s CafĂ©.

Sunday – laundry, ironing, cooking, lazing about the house, lots of resting and preparing mentally for Monday (!). Hey I wasn’t all ineffective though; I finally confirmed the Venice trip for April. Huzzah. Although not without the customary tears, arguments with IK, apprehensions and what ifs. It’s dreadful ok - no control over the situation, and yet decisions have to be made (by me, poor little old me).

50 First Dates is on telly now. Sandler’s kind of funny but I’m not a fan of Barrymore. After this perhaps more telly, some dinner and then retire for the day.

The weekend is well and truly over. Sigh. Oh how I dread Mondays. SIGH.

No comments: